Monday, October 5, 2015

Reading Diary A Week 7: Mahabharata Online Video

Telling of the Mahabharata (YouTube Screenshot)
For this weeks readings I have chosen to watch the Mahabharata Online Movie found here. I chose this movie because after watching the Ramayana Video last go around I found that it really helped me understand the epic. In the public domain version of the readings I was lost when reading the text sometimes. Unlike the Ramayana, the Mahabharata had a lot of action and I was generally confused the length of the story. I enjoyed the YouTube version of Mahabharata and it help me understand the complexity that is the Mahabharata! I thought the movie really help develop the characters in my mind and overall I am glad I had the opportunity to watch it. My favorite part was the beginning when Ganesha agrees to write the story. I thought it was fun and whimsical. Something the Public Domain version of the Mahabharata was unable to provide for me. My next favorite part of the movie for Part A was when Yudisthira gambled away his family and kingdom. It was a very intense part of the movie and I think it added a lot of depth missing from the PDE of Mahabharata. I am really glad I was able to watch this movie and I am looking forward to Part B of this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment