Thursday, October 22, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 9

This week I was unable to complete the readings for Week 9. :(
Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art Exhibition
This was the first week that I was not able to do the readings, but I was able to do the storytelling post and the storybook project post. So I am pretty bummed about being unable to do the readings. I am excited about the future readings for this class. My best writing this week came from by Storybook Project. You can find that storybook project here. I think this project is all coming together really well and I hope everyone else like is too. I think I have finally nailed down my writing strategy for this storybook project. This weeks assignment showed me that I really do have the ability to write better than I ever thought I could. I added a soundcloud video this week to my storybook. I think this is going to add a little bit of flare I have been looking for into my storybook. I noticed other students peoples storybooks incorporated music and this is what gave me the inspiration to do so. 

This week marks the end of my 8-week course. It was my anthropology capstone course. i am really glad that it is finally over and it is going to give me a lot more free time to work on my other classes for the second half of this semester. 

Last weekend I presented my research at the Plains Anthropology Conference in Iowa City, IA. I was given an honorable mention in the Student Poster competition. Also if you have time, everyone should check out the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art new exhibitions that have recently opened up - Immortales and the Surls Exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment