Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reading Diary B: Mahabharata Film Continued

This week I continue my epic journey as I come to better understand the Mahabharata. As I end the part of the film I am watching I have stated to think back to how much I actually learned while watching the film, not to mention that as a movie lover, I think the Mahabharata film really gave me another view of the Mahabharata that I otherwise would not have gotten from readings. Just like with the Ramayana, I feel the film was better able to help me understand the Indian Epic.

Son of Bhima and a Raksasi from the Mahabharata Pt. 2
Last reading we left off with Yuddhishthira losing everything in a gambling match. Now the Pandavas and Draupadi are forced into a long exile. The exile scene was not as long and drawn out as it was in the written PDE of the Mahabharata, but I still felt the essence of a long period. Closing in on the end of their exile, the Pandava brothers obtained weapons and so did their foes.


I was very happy to have the opportunity to watch this movie. I am excited to see if there will be other movies in the future. I really liked this film and I think I might end up watching the rest of it anyways, even though it is super long... I guess that would be the Epic Part.

No comments:

Post a Comment