Monday, October 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: Week 10 Brook’s Mahabharata

This week I have decided to start watching the online movie of the Mahabharata. A few weeks ago I red the Public domain Edition of the Mahabharata and while I thoroughly enjoyed this reading I felt like I did not completely understand the epic. So I thought it would be best to watch the movie version, found here, and maybe this way I would get a better understanding of the film. I think the film will make the PDE: Mahabharata make sense! 


I found the beginning of this long film to be really fantastic. After watching the film I do feel that I better understand the Mahabharata, but I did notice that some scenes that were in the PDE: Mahabharata were left out in the film. I thought it was very interesting to see how the characters in the film interacted with each other. It gives the movie version an element that cannot really be describe through pen and paper, or computer screens. I think that is one of the greatest things about this class, the ability to incorporate readings and movies into one class is phenomenal. Thought this first part of the film we find that the five Pandavas brother are wed to Draupadi and they are then all gambled away. the acting in the film really brought the whole movie together!

Ganesha Costume Source

No comments:

Post a Comment