Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Reading Feedback: Week 4

Sita Sings the Blues: By Nina Paley
I chose to watch Sita Sings the Blues because I was extremely busy this week and I wanted to do the reading that was fun. I am tired and I am bogged down with work. I was very happy to have the option to watch a youtube video, and it was a great YouTube video at that so I am very happy with my decision. The entire video was very educational and fun! I like that the video was laid back, with a dialogue of people talking back and forth. The inclusion of 1920’s songs really helped understand the background to much of the story of the Ramayana. When I read the Public Domain version of the Ramayana, which I also really enjoyed, I got the major points from the story, but I think that this video really cemented the story for me. I would say that I spent less time on this reading assignment than I did in weeks 2 and 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment