Friday, September 4, 2015

Incase you are interested: Blog Post: Week 2

This week I have been doing a lot of research on many things including graduate schools, music culture and archaeological research for a paper I am currently working on. I am writing a curation post about the three things I have seen this week online that I would like to share with you all!

1. I want to share a website called CoDA, Center for Digital Archaeology. During my field school last summer I worked with this company as they developed 3-D imaging and mapping of our archaeological site. Everyday, as we uncovered more artifacts and levels they would take precise measurements and images and stitch them together to make really neat 3-D images. If you are interested in this kind of data you can find more information in this article.
Center for Digital Archaeology Home Page
2. The second thing I would like to share this week is a German music video that I recently discovered. I have been so in love with their music, even if I cannot totally understand them. Give them a listen if you are feeling adventurous. I love live music, even in a foreign language. 


3. Lastly, this week I want to share with you is a resource I am currently using for a research paper that has to do with cultural heritage in Canada. It is a project started at Simon Fraser University that discusses who ‘owns’’ the culture heritage of the past. Native people?, the government?, archaeologist?. It is a big problem right now in the US and Canada that needs dress which is what I am attempting to do in a paper I am research for this Fall and Spring. If you are interested check out their webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment