Friday, September 4, 2015

Curation: Week 2


This week I used some interesting web pages and other sources for this weeks course #OU4993
#IndianEpics

The first source for this weeks curation came from a YouTube channel that I found called East India Comedy! This YouTube channel is comical, but also informing! Check it out!

My second this I would like to share with you are some interesting protest occurring in India this week. This web article from the BBC titled 'India's unusual protests: Pink underwear, poop and snakes will probably get you interested. It is an informative read about the current affairs in India at the moment. 

Lastly, I would like to share with you all a quote I found this week about Gay rights in India. This Huffington Post online article reference the fact that maybe India is not ready as a society to legalize gay marriage. While the US jumps ahead on the evolution of social ideas, we cannot forget the multitudes of gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans people who do not have it so lucky. 
"We as a society are simply, if not regrettably, far from ready to legalise gay marriage."

No comments:

Post a Comment