Thursday, August 20, 2015

Storybook Favorites

I decided to stick to Indian Epic storybooks. Since I have had experience making a storybook project already I was looking for titles that were really creative. For the storybook projects I read I was very excited to see some really great ideas about fun and creative ways to make the Indian Epic stories fun! While reading through storybook projects I was also trying to keep in mind how I was going to complete my project for this coming semester. I am very excited to incorporate the new comic books into my storybook project this year and I hope that this is an available option!


Screen Shot of Real housewives of Ramayana by Andy Cohen

The first storybook project I read was titled The Karma Times. The storybook was well set up and also very entertaining. Overall the navigation was very easy. I enjoyed reading the introduction to this storybook project because it was told in the view of Karma. In general I think most people see Karma as a cause and effect type effect and not something that has a personality or human emotions, but this story book project brought Karma to life and made it real. I think this will strengthen my storybook project for a source of ideas and inspiration. 
The title of this storybook project is Real Housewives of Ramayana! Of course this immediately caught my attention. Growing up I used to sit with my great grandmother and watch television shows like the Bachelor and the Real Housewives of (whatever was on)... this title quickly grab my attention as a very unique way of telling the stories from Ramayana. The author of this storybook project did an excellent job with making the stories from Ramayana very modern sit-com-y. I enjoyed reading through the material! 
https://sites.google.com/site/realhousewivesoframayana/

The last storybook project I am going to discuss is the one I found to be my particular favorite! The modernization and different aspects of this project really had my imagination going for how I would like my storybook project to end up and I think the creator did an excellent job! The creator of this project used social media to make the characters divulge their stories. I found this method of delivery to be particularly interesting and creative. 



1 comment:

  1. I am also so excited to see what you will do for a Storybook this time, Christian! And isn't that social media one great??? Another fun social media one you would like I am sure: RateMyRishi.com , ha ha! It is genius!

    There's a reading option later in the semester which has some INTENSE stories, including a social media version of the Ramayana, and a science-fiction/cosplay version. Such great stuff: it's a book from India by (mostly) Indian authors called Breaking the Bow (you'll understand the meaning of the title after you read the Ramayana; there's an important breaking of a bow right at the start of the epic):
    Breaking the Bow

    ReplyDelete